Saturday, July 21, 2012

mommy fears




As i look at Athena sleeping i see so much of tony and myself ,she sleeps all over the place like i do ,she can sleep through a protest or a tornado like tony can,she also talks in her sleep like tony does,but at the same time she has her own personality,she looks so peaceful when she sleeps ,when she sleeps she smiles and coo's ,whenever she see;s a picture of tony and i she just stares and smiles like she knows who's in the picture ,like she was born knowing what we looked like,like the moment  she opened her eyes and looked at us, the look on her face was i know you your my mom and dad,we may have not known what she would look like but she already knew what we looked like,the sound of our voice's and the warmth of our touch . My biggest fear as a mom is not being able to protect her like i could when she was inside me ,when i go back to work i can no longer just go check on her when ever i want i can no longer "know" that shes ok,and safe,i cant just hold her and have all my fears just melt away ,but i will have to face that fear and know that the person i have watch her has her best interest at heart will take care of her just like i would even though no on can do as good a job as me lol .my fears are those of many new moms and as the days,and weeks pass i will learn how to do this whole mom thing i can only hope that i raise my daughter in a way that will make god,and my daughter happy .

No comments:

Post a Comment